My One Word for 2016
In recent years one word has guided me throughout the next year. Last year my word was commit. I had a lot of work to do and needed to focus my commitment to accomplish it, with the Lord’s help.
I am grateful for all that happened in 2015, but I honestly felt tired by the end of the year.
Some of those things were:
- forming a book release team to help spread the word about The Grace Impact
- The Grace Impact released in April
- guest blogging during the weeks around the release date
- continuing monthly GraceNotes newsletter (subscribe in the right column of my website)
- 49 blog posts on by website
- beginning a weekly internet radio show, Living Life Unedited, frequently using content from The Grace Impact
- 20 episodes of Living Life Unedited published as podcasts on my site
- attending many writer’s conferences to network and gain insights into publishing, writing, and social media.
Also, in the summer, I had a tongue biopsy, from which I needed several weeks of recovery to talk again.
By the end of the year, I felt weary. Thankful to have been stretched in good ways, but also tired.
As I prayed for my word for 2016, hoping for a word like “rest.”
Instead, “SOAR” was impressed on my heart.
Huh? Lord, I’m tired and don’t think I can. It sounds presumptuous.
He guided me to Isaiah 40:31.
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
I’d read and studied this verse many times. But now the Lord will use it to guide me through the next year.
As I hope in the Lord, He will renew my strength. He’s done it before and will do it again. I don’t have to soar on my own; He will carry me. I look forward to what God will do and what He will teach me through the words of this verse. Soar. Only through the Lord.
As you look ahead to 2016, what one word will guide you?